Search

Content

Monday, January 20, 2014

Waffle Panini = Football Food

When Jordie and I lived together, she would always test recipes on me, and I would gladly oblige. Jordie loves cooking and I...well, I love eating. 

So, last Sunday I braved the stormy weather to "help" (cough cough) Jordie make waffle panini(s) and watch football (Go Hawks!!). We also decided to make potato wedges, which were crispy and delicious. 

Here's Jordie getting the potatoes ready for the oven, with some salt, olive oil and paprika:

Then, we baked them until they were golden brown.

For the sandwiches, we used rosemary bread with turkey, spinach and red onion.  

Pro tip: heat up the waffle iron while you're making the sandwiches for less down time!

Then, butter up those sammies and put them in the waffle maker! Put some pressure on the top so it compresses the bread a little bit, and gets the "panini" marks. 




Ta da! Tasty waffle panini! Perfect football food - you heard it here first. 

xo, Maddy


*Jordie here- I have to add that this "Go Hawks" statement is not the universal view of this pair.. Go Niners! Also, the burn on my finger would like to remind you to use an oven mit when pressing down the top of your heated up waffle iron. 
xox, J

1 comments:

P Mixter says:
at: January 20, 2014 at 10:46 AM said...

Yum! Better than Foreman grillin'!

Post a Comment