Search

Content

Monday, March 17, 2014

Pineapple Sangria & Fritters

In the middle of this majorly busy week Maddy and I got together to snap some photos and have some dinner. If you didn't already know this Maddy is allergic to milk and I am currently on a gluten-free diet so finding a recipe took a little bit of digging. Even after picking one I totally spaced on the fact that I didn't have any alternative flour,. So, once again I had to stray from a recipe.


The menu for the night consisted of Pineapple Sangrias and Sweet Potato and Zucchini Fritters.



Pineapple Sangria recipe adapted from here. The recipe calls for pineapple soda but we used regular club soda. Honestly, has anyone out there heard of pineapple soda? I grew up in Hawaii and I'm not 100% sure I believe that's a thing.

Garnished with orange slices and mint these were delicious. It also made a huge batch. We each had some during dinner and filled two large jars to save for later.



Zucchini and Sweet Potato Fritter recipe adapted from here. This is where I ran into the flour issue. We used some cornstarch in place of it. The food tasted great but they were not very fritter-like since the flour wasn't there to keep them together.




Grate up the sweet potato and zucchini, then mix all of the other ingredients in together. I think you could spin this recipe to use any vegetables you prefer. I personally thought that the sweetness from the potato mixed with the spiciness of the chipotle seasoning was a great pairing.


Throw them in the oven.


And there you have it!

Keep shining. Xox, Jordie

0 comments:

Post a Comment